Saturday 29 September 2007

Photography

Since I resumed my photography hobby in April 2005, I have taken 15 spools of old-fashioned film (totalling 400 pics or so) and 9,600 digital pictures. The counter on my digital camera suggests I have depressed the shutter 10,555 times since February 22nd, 2006.

I am clicking away quite merrily with the digital camera, because it doesn't cost me a thing to take pictures. The only cost appears when I transfer them onto CD-ROMs (which cost about £1 or $2 each) or if I have them printed. The latter is expensive, at 50p / $1 per print in the photographer's shop.

My pictures are dominated by clouds and general weather conditions. Other subjects are the general landscape in Lewis, if and when I get out and about and the Stornoway townscape, which is quite unique in its own right. No high-rise buildings. Another subject matter is boats. Being on the waterfront means that any boat that puts its nose round Arnish will make it into my album, unless it's the middle of the night.

5 comments:

  1. That is cool that your camera tells you how many times you pressed the shutter-I wish mine did,that would be inteesting to know............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow $1 a print.  Here we can get digitals printed from 15-19 cents a piece. I just take my memory card to one of the local stores that has the machine, insert the card and select which ones I want printed.  We can also get 5 inch x 7 inches or 8 inch x 10 inches but they cost more.  I printed out two 5 x 7 inch pictures of my "4 Ships in Juneau" picture on my computer/printer here at home this morning.  I don't print very many pictures at home because the printer ink is so expensive.  Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep clicking away Guido.  I love looking at all your photos. That's a lot of clicks in such a short time span.  I rarely print mine off at home.  Its easy to send mine to family in e-mails or copy them to CD's and post them.  Mind you it costs 70pence to post one CD plus case in a protective bubble pack envelope.  At least  you can put quite a lot of pictures onto a CD.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50p a print?! Ours are 10p down here. I always print off my own but mostly I put them on CD, they only cost around 35p down here. Keep clicking, I enjoy seeing other people's photos! Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should sent this entry to the manufacturer of your digital camera!  That's a lot of shutter depressions! ~~ And we really enjoy the results!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete