Monday 24 September 2007

Visit to Gearrannan

This morning, we went to the Black House Village at Gearrannan (hence the lateness of my first entry). On Saturday, we also called in there, but the place was shut. It became clear this morning that they had been having a village party in the public area, which had not been cleared up yet. Fortunately, a kind lady took out a key and showed us round the museum and the shop. She did not charge us, but we left a gratuity. Our guest bought cards and a hat.

3 comments:

  1. Once again, great pictures.  My grandma had an old Singer sewing machine like the one in your picture.  Those box beds look very uncomfortable!  Thanks for notifying us about alerts being down.   Linda in sunny but cool Washington state  

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stone cottage is beautiful....and those box beds are rather charming.  :)

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photographs!  I especially liked that old singer sewing machine.  And I would have wanted to know what that book was on top of the dresser.  I don't suppose you took note of it, did you? lol  And were those hot water bottles on the beds?
    Lori

    ReplyDelete