Wednesday 26 September 2007

Bummed

I've recently spent a few hours on Amazon Mechanical Turk, looking for Steve Fossett in Nevada and doing some little things that have now gathered me a few dollars in gift certificates. When I looked on Amazon.co.uk, my balance was zero, although the correct balance did show on Amazon.com (US).

I contacted Amazon to ask if the gift certs could be transferred to Amazon UK, and the answer is no. Isn't it daft, that in this day of the supra-national internet, a quintessential Internet company like Amazon has to be so parochial that its gift certs cannot be used the world over, but instead only on the site of issuance?

So, now I have to look for stuff sold by Amazon US on Amazon UK. I have advised Amazon of my feelings, and asked them to help me find the stuff referred to in previous line.

Can I ask people to join me in registering their disappointment with Amazon? If many more people join in, we can make them turn into a truly supra-national company.

5 comments:

  1. WHAT DID YOU DO TO LOOK FOR FOSSETT??
    YES,OR YOU MUST HAVE A U.S. BANK ACCOUNT TO BE PAID INTO,HHMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had no idea that you had to use a different company. That's frustrating. I hope you find all of your goodies on your site.
    Have a good day,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. We`ve never had any problems with Amazon but I would have thought something like a gift certificate would be inter-changeable, that is disappointing.

    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly was a bummer Guido.  

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you I live by Seattle and never have like Amazon.  This situation is one of their ways to control you.  Joni

    ReplyDelete