Saturday 8 September 2007

Transferring a domain

Well, I have this internet domain which has been lying idle on a shelf at Bravenet.com for nearly a year. I feel too restricted by what Bravenet.com has to offer, so am now transferring it to another registrar. The winning registrar sends me an email to click on a link if I want the transfer to proceed. The losing registrar sends me an email to click on a link if I want to cancel the transfer. Now I have to wait for 5 days for the thing to go through. My domain is not active at the moment at any rate, and I'm still looking for someone who can host my wee site without it costing an arm and a leg. It will be the site I've got on AOL Hometown at the moment. I've just stripped the HTML in the relevant webpages of everything related to AOL - you wouldn't believe the amount of crap that AOL puts on your webpage. And Hometown is so incredibly user-unfriendly, and their EasyDesigner at best clunky. Oh well, I'll let you know by the end of next week whether it has all gone through.

4 comments:

  1. I've NEVER had any luck with 'Easy' Designer or Hometown pages....

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all goes well for you, Guido!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate AOL pages!!!!  
    good luck
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be bound to loose everything in transit...lol!
    I think I will just stick to basic free AOL .  
    I do have an MSN Journal but I just copy over what I have on AOL as its easier that way.  MSN might have all the toys to cheer up your page but it takes so long to download just to add an entry, or edit, that its a waste of time at the best of times.  
    I enjoyed playing with fitting up videos, music , clocks and guest books but sometimes I've been sat for hours fiddling to get it right.  (That could be my fault too).  I dither sometimes and forget how I did the previous action.
    I'm happy with the simplicity of AOL.  Its so much quicker to enter a blog.
    Good luck with your re-route Guido.  I hope all goes well for you.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete