Friday 7 March 2008

Friday 7 March

Last night saw some atrocious weather ocnditions, with galeforce winds and lashing rains. These died down before midnight, leaving us a quiet night. The morning saw heavy wintry showers with squalls, making it unpleasant to walk outside.

On the subject of the missing tourist, whose body was found 15 miles from where she was last seen - the police did not finally identify her until January 19th, and did not publicise their findings for another 6 weeks. There was no word on her cause of death; I can think of several things that could have happened, but that would be conjecture and not helpful.

Google has been banned from inside military installations, after detailed imagery of an American army base was displayed on one of its sites. I am flagging this up, because protesters who turned up on the top of the Houses of Parliament in London recently, found their way up using images from Google Earth.

Is email ruling and ruining your life? Read this article on the BBC website.

1 comment:

  1. I read the article and can honestly say, No, nadda, email does not rule my day. For one, I removed my email address from my business cards. If clients want to deal with me, it takes a phone call. And two, for personal, well just about anyone who's emailed me knows I get to it when I can get to it. Nothing personal, but I refuse to slave to my email because truth be told, I don't enjoy them like I should~~
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete