Thursday 6 March 2008

Thursday 6 March

The day has started overcast, but the cloud cover is starting to break up. It'll be a temporary improvement, as more rain and gales are on their way. I've done a search on my blog for the word "gale" and came up with about 15 references this winter. I'm sure there will be more.

Yesterday, I spent some time in the library scanning in pictures for one of my World War tributes. The net result is 120 portraits. Another similar number still requires scanning, so that'll keep me busy one or two days.

I have also dug out a digitised copy of a document, central to recent history in the Highlands, the Napier report of 1885. Lord Napier conducted an inquiry, at the command of HM Queen Victoria, into the injustices inflicted upon the people of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. I'll transfer a few examples onto here.

1 comment:

  1. I would say your use of the word "gale" sums up your winter.  I admire you commitment to the tributes you do.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete