Thursday 27 December 2007

Tribute addition

In reaction to the deaths of Lahoma and Kim, I can only say it has been a very sad Christmas for J-land. Both ladies succumbed to cancer, although Lahoma was suffering from leukaemia (blood cancer) and Kim from breast cancer, which had spread.

Kim's cancer was particularly virulent and developed with frightening rapidity. Only a few weeks after completing initial treatment, secondary tumours were diagnosed in various locations, which means there is no hope of a cure. I did not say so at the time, but I knew it was only a question of time before yesterday's events would come about. Kim was a strong spirit and an example to many.

Lahoma did not have an easy time in J-land on account of trolls and the like. Her cancer recurred in September, for the third and final time. After being hospitalised in November, she returned home not that long ago, basically to die. She was a good friend to many people in J-land.

5 comments:

  1. I am still so sad about the news.  I took my posting off today, I had done what I wanted and let people know but when I logged on today and saw it, it set me off crying so I decided to delete and leave my happy posting on instead.  I am sure people will understand. I had to do what I felt was right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of these women last night, saddened by the news.  Cancer of any type.......  And about a young woman, a delightful, good-spirited teenager who was diagnosed not all that long ago, undergoing treatments now (praying she does WELL!).  
    May God be with the families and friends, J-land and IRL, of all of those who suffered or are suffering now.

    And, Jeanne, yes, you do what is best for you -- no doubt she'd have understood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very sad indeed.  Well, there ever be a cure for this horrible disease?  All I know is we must keep giving money to research efforts, in hopes that one day..no one will have to worry about cancer.  Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wish I had known them longer.
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. TY for your wonderful tribute to these ladies, & the earlier tribute to ALL those that have passed in 2007 in J-Land. I know they, & their families would be pleased.
    Unfortunately I only knew Pennie, but had visited Kim 4 or 5 times. God bless them all & their loved ones.
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete