Sunday 30 December 2007

Vomit Comet

Fancy shelling out anything between £1,100 and £24,400 ($2,200 and $48,800) for a cruise round the Canary Islands. You join Cunard's newest luxury liner, the Queen Victoria. It has seven restaurants, three swimming pools, a library with 6,000 books.

And you spend the entire fortnight getting intimately acquainted with your en-suite lavatory facilities, as a novo-virus is stalking the ship. Causing diarrhoea and vomiting.

Well that's what happened to some 80 passengers on board the QV, which is due back in Southampton on January 6th.

7 comments:

  1. Fancy that.  Interesting read in the BBC News site, among others items I can't believe are actually happening.  What a world - but life is sweet.  CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...how awful!!!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s been more and more common to be ill while on an expensive cruise, not my idea of a holiday. Jim and I have been on two cruioses with no ill effects but I`m not too sure I`d do it again. :o(

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!  I'm sure the Cruise Line will offer them another trip (?) or some kind of compensation... poor people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been watching this report on the news.
    Still bugs can get anywhere can't they, but you would think a new "luxury" liner would be "clean".
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This goes to show the virus just doesn't infect the lower end cruise ships.  If I spent close to $50K on a cruise I had better not get sick!!  How horrible for the passengers.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor things!  I hope they got their money back.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete