Saturday 1 September 2007

Saturday notes

Overcast day with some brightness, but rather windy. I caught the Outdoor Activities forecast at 7 am, and it mentions winds up to 70 or 80 mph on the mountain tops. Down here at sealevel, it could up to force 5 to 7 on the Beaufort scale, that's up to 35 mph.

I'm pleased that Big Brother is over for this year. I have managed complete abstinence, and haven't got a clue about any of the contestants. I only knew it was over when I saw the newsfeeds on BBC just now.


I was intrigued by this massive spider's web, which has been spun by hundreds of spiders in a park in Texas. It stretches across 180 metres / 600 feet in trees and shrubs. The web will be there until autumn, when the spiders will start to die off. It is no longer white; all the captured mosquitoes and other insects have turned it brown.

3 comments:

  1. Hi !!!!!!!

    I would have to say that since I hate walking into a spider's web at my house or just afraid of spiders in general when I see them crawling on the ground or on a tree I definitely wouldn't want to walk anywhere near this spider's web. You are far braver than I. I prefer seeing a spider's web on your journal. Don't let any spiders fall on you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this treasure! The web is awesome, what I wouldn't give to see it firsthand. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see that! It looks like a scary movie!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete